About The Great Cross Alliance
The Great Cross is a massive columbarium and mausoleum that will be a physical memorial to Jesus Christ. This Christian monument will be much larger than the Great Pyramids at Giza and Cholula, making it the largest religious edifice ever built.
The Great Cross is designed to show worldwide unity and commitment to Christ. It is designed to last more than ten thousand years, and to pass Christian scripture forward to hundreds of future generations.
The Great Cross will be assembled of approximately 600,000 hollow vaults built from strong synthetic stone. Each vault will contain the remains of one or two people. The Great Cross itself will be one of the largest Christian cemeteries in the world. It is expected to take twenty to thirty years to complete. Inside each arm of the structure will be glass-roofed hallways, 40 feet wide and 183 feet high, leading to a central chapel, 100 feet in diameter. The walls of the hallways will contain about 7,500 mausoleum spaces for one or two full-size caskets, and about 8,500 vaults for cremated remains.
The Great Cross itself will enclose a volume of 8.6 million cubic meters. It will be 3,000 feet (914 meters) long, and 1,845 feet (562 meters) across. Each of the four arms will be 570 feet (174 meters) wide, and 183 feet (56 meters) high, to the top of the masonry structure. At the top of the glass dome, the structure will be 213 feet high.
The central chapel will be the protected heart of the monument, designed to preserve the Word of God in readable condition for at least ten thousand years. The curved walls of the center chapel will be inscribed with the full text of the Bible in the four most widely spoken languages in the world, which are English, Chinese, Spanish, and Hindi.
To be part of The Great Cross, these are the steps:
1) Choose the type of interment you prefer. There are mausoleum spaces for full-size caskets and columbarium spaces for cremated remains.
2) Choose internal or external placement.
3) Select your choice from the ‘Pricing’ tab. Fill in the information about the person(s) who will occupy the space, and what you would like to have inscribed.
4) The Alliance will construct the space(s) reserved, engrave the face plate, and place it in The Great Cross.
5) The Alliance will mail you a shipping kit for each person to be interred within a few days of order placement. The kit will have a box, liner, labels for each person, and instructions. Note: A copy of the Member’s death certificate must accompany the remains, in accordance with Nevada state law. If remains arrive without a death certificate, the Alliance will be forced to refuse them.
6) When the Member passes, he can choose to have a service at his local church or funeral home.
7) Days or weeks later, a family member or care provider will arrange to have the remains shipped to The Great Cross.
8) The Member is received by The Great Cross and the Member’s remains are interred.
Please call 805-813-5714 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for additional questions.
The Great Cross will clearly be very expensive to build. How, in the modern world, can something so enormous be constructed? Where will the money come from?
The Great Cross will be supported and funded by its members. While each person’s contribution will be comparatively small, the Great Cross will inter about a million people. A million of us can do things that one or a few of us could only dream of. We will all have to spend something on our final arrangements at some point, and interment in the Great Cross will cost less than most of us plan to spend. By pooling our expenditures instead of dispersing them, we can build Christianity’s greatest physical monument.
The Great Cross Alliance will not wait for the member to pass from this life before building and placing the vault. A member who pays for a vault will be able to come to the site and see their very own vault within a reasonable time after funding. The member’s face plate can be inscribed ahead of time, except for year of passing, and a temporary identification plate will be left inside every vault.
The Great Cross Alliance is looking for an investor. If you are interested in becoming an investor, please call us at 805-813-5714.
If you are interested in making The Great Cross a reality, and you are one of the first 400 members to subscribe, your name will be inscribed on one of eight panels on the hallway walls where they meet the Chapel. Each panel will have the heading ‘Founders of The Great Cross Alliance’. A donation equivalent to the cost of a vault will be included as a Founding Membership.
Members and Donors will be listed on this website as Members or Benefactors of the Great Cross, if they so choose.
For additonal information, please refer to our FAQ.